We are delighted to announce that TMP Solutions is the winner of the 2022 International Silver Green Apple Environment Award, presented during a carbon-neutral presentation ceremony at The Houses of Parliament, London, on Monday, November 21, 2022. A donation has been made on the winner’s behalf to Green Earth Appeal, whose tree-planting in emerging nations helps the environment and wildlife, and creates employment opportunities for the local communities.
The award has been presented to Hampshire Highways, a partnership between Milestone and Hampshire County Council. TMP works closely with engineers, contractors, and designers to better understand their needs. As a result of working with Milestone Infrastructure, TMP created the NonCrete Bio-Polymer Bollard. This innovation supported Milestone Infrastructure’s drive to reduce carbon and its strategy for Safer, Greener Highways.
At TMP, we are CLIMATE POSITIVE IN OUR PRODUCTS:
Market-leading energy efficiency & carbon reduction
- In 2020 we improved the efficiency of our entire sign light range to an industry-leading 2.6 watts for an E2/UE2 LED sign light.
- We have moved the manufacturing of the Alpha casting and 76mm bracket from China to the UK and saved up to 15 tons of CO2 per year associated with shipping and transport.
- February 2021 – Launch of Envirograde® material.
- Envirograde® is our new recycled polymer. Our bollards are already recyclable at the end of their life. However, using recycled materials in manufacturing helps reduce our use of raw materials and the amount of plastic that goes to landfill.
- As of March 2021, 100% Envirograde® material is used in highway bollards, sockets, and the black EcoLight sign light mouldings.
- January 2022 – Launch of the award-winning NonCrete™ bio-polymer bollard. The NonCrete™ bio-polymer bollard is made from a plant-based polymer derived from sugar cane.
- The concrete industry is responsible for around 8% of all global carbon dioxide emissions.
- NonCrete™ is much better for the environment. It looks just like concrete and is much lighter to transport.